Fri, 20 Mar 2020 00:00
Following direction and advice received from Tennis New Zealand we have decided to cancel all Junior Hot Shots and Interclub team coaching for the remainder of the season. It’s disappointing to end the season like this but we feel it is important to follow directives from Tennis NZ and Health Authorities.
Tennis Canterbury have also cancelled all interclub matches and have recommended that we cancel organised club nights and any other events as a precaution until 2nd May.
A prizegiving afternoon will be held at a later date for both Juniors and Seniors (if possible). Details to be confirmed.
The club facilities will be open from 1.00pm Saturday (weather permitting) and balls will be available. Members that have court keys are still welcome to use the courts to play casually. To request a new key or to exchange an old key, please contact us on email@example.com
With this in mind:
1. Stay at home if you:
• Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
• Have been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
• Have flu-like symptoms
• Or are in a high-risk health category, for example elderly or have a pre-existing medical condition such as respiratory diseases, compromised immune system, etc.
2. Practice physical distancing, by remaining at least 1 metre away from other people, or if you are closer than 1 metre, being there for less than 15 minutes.
3. Practice good hygiene principals. We recommend washing your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water and drying them thoroughly before and after play. Paper towels are now available in the clubhouse wash rooms.
4. Avoid touching your face and be aware of what surfaces you touch.
5. Leave the entrance gate ajar during sessions so players don’t need to use handles to enter.
6. Keep sweat towels in your bag when not using them. Towels are not to be placed on fixed objects unless sanitation can be effectively conducted before and after use.
7. Players are to exchange “good game” verbal appreciation only. Shaking hands, touching elbows/rackets are not recommended.
Please remember the situation is changing rapidly and we will keep everyone informed as we learn new information.
Any further queries please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0212526270