2021 Wairarapa Tennis HEAD Tier 3 Junior Open
Saturday 6th – Sunday 7th February 2021 (Waitangi weekend)
Venue: Masterton Tennis Centre, 147 Dixon Street, Masterton
Grading: Grading will be done based on age at the 29 February 2021, however the Tournament Officials reserve the right to combine draws due to numbers at their discretion.
MATCHES: Singles & Doubles. All players are guaranteed at least 3 singles matches (weather permitting)
ENTRY DEADLINE: Entries will close end of day Friday 29 January 2021
ONLINE ENTRIES: Enter online on the Tournament Planner software
KEY CONTACTS: Wairarapa Tennis Association email@example.com
DRAWS: Draws and start-times will be updated on the tournament software website. These will be available from Thursday 4 February. The size and the type of draw used will be at the discretion of the tournament officials.
ENTRY FEES:10’s Singles & Doubles:$40 12’s-16’s Singles & Doubles:$50.00
PLEASE NOTE: Entry fee is for both Singles & Doubles. Players are expected to play doubles.
POINTS RACE: This Tournament is part of the Tennis NZ Points Race - Tier 3
METHODS OF PAYMENT: Internet Banking:
Wairarapa Tennis Association
Westpac Bank 03 0687 0326225 00
PLEASE USE ‘JNR Open’ and PLAYER'S NAME IN THE REFERENCE SECTION
MATCH FORMAT: 10's Singles Best of 3 TB Sets to 4 (with a margin of 2 games) with a 3rd Set decided by a Super Tie-Break (10 points).
10's Doubles Same format as for singles except 'No ad' deuces will apply
12's- 16s Singles Best of 3 TB Sets to 6 (with a margin of 2 games) with a 3rd set decided by a Super Tie-Break (10 points).
12's - 16s Doubles Same format as for singles except 'No ad' deuces will apply
PLEASE NOTE: The match format (for any event) may change at the discretion of the Tournament director/Officials.
OFFICIAL BALL: 10's: HEAD T.I.P 12’s-16’s: HEAD ATP
SURFACE: Astro turf
REPORTING TIMES: The player start times indicated on the website are indicative only. Players scheduled for a 9am start (on day 1) are required to attend a ‘tournament briefing’ prior to their match. All players are required to arrive 20 minutes before their scheduled match of the day. Players are not to leave the Masterton Tennis Centre unless cleared with the Tournament Controller.
RESULTS: All results will be recorded on Tennis NZ's Match Hub grading system.
PLAYER CODE: Match Hub player code must be supplied on the entry form. If you do not have or do not know your player code please contact your Club or Association secretary before submitting your entry form.
SEEDING: Seeding for all events will be at the discretion of the tournament organizers.
RULES: The tournament will be played in accordance with the Rules and Regulations of Tennis NZ, Rules of Tennis and Tennis NZ Player Code of Conduct. These are available from the offices of Tennis NZ on request.
CANCELLATIONS: If the tournament is cancelled due to weather or natural disaster, then a $10 administration fee (per player) will be deducted from refunds. This event may be postponed or cancelled. Parents/Guardians are advised to phone 027 221 3905 (on each morning of the competition) and listen to the recorded message available from 6.30am for a daily update on the status of the tournament.
ROAD CLOSURES: In the event of extreme weather, Parents/Guardians are advised to call the NZTA on 0800 444 449 to get the latest state highway travel information. If the Rimutaka Hill and/or other roads on SH2 are closed the tournament may be cancelled.
DRESS CODE: All players shall dress and present themselves in an appropriate manner for tennis. Clean and customarily acceptable tennis attire shall be worn. The referee in consultation with the tournament management has the final decision if the clothing worn is appropriate. Please refer to Tennis NZ Player Handbook or Players Code of Conduct for further clarification.
SIDELINE COACHING: Parents/coaches and supporters are to be advised that under no circumstances are players to be given tactical advice or guidance (or the like) during any match. This may result in points being deducted or player's losing the match by default. The penalty is at the discretion of the tournament referee.
- The tournament is open to all members of Clubs, Associations and Schools that are affiliated to NZ Tennis.
- The tournament will be conducted under the International Rules of Tennis, the Rules and Regulations and the Code of Conduct of New Zealand Tennis.
- The New Zealand Tennis Inc Code of Conduct will be posted at the Tournament venue and will be strictly adhered to.
- It is expected that all players and parents will participate with discipline, honesty and fair play. Appropriate action can, and will be, used by the Tournament Officials under the International Rules of Tennis if needed.
- All players must wear approved tennis clothes and non-marking shoes.
- The court surface is Astroturf and the official ball is HEAD.
- Play will commence at 9:00am each day unless otherwise stated.
- Tournament Officials reserve the right to alter the match format/s should circumstances dictate.
- The warm up period shall not exceed five minutes.
- All match results will be uploaded to Tennis NZ’s Configure Rankings grading system.
- All players must be prepared to umpire.
- The Umpire’s decision on a point of fact shall be final.
- Parents, Coaches and spectators must not communicate tactical or strategic match advice with the players or be on the courts during matches. Support for players is encouraged.
- Certificates for Winners & Runners-up, together with prizes will be awarded.
- Tournament Officials reserve the right to restrict entries, alter, combine or cancel any grades that have less than 8 entries.
- Weather permitting the tournament will consist of: Main Draw Singles and Doubles with Feed-in to Consolation Draw.
- Entries must be accompanied with payment of the correct entry fee for the relevant age group/s.
- Withdrawals & defaults: Entry fee refunds for players withdrawing from the tournament must be received in writing and will be processed based on the following sliding scale.
- All medically or non-medically supported withdrawals made before the entry deadline of midnight, Friday 29th January will be issued with a full refund of their entry fee.
- Any medically supported withdrawals after midnight, Friday 29th January will be issued with a refund of 90% of their entry fee.
- Any non-medical withdrawals after midnight, Friday 29th January will be issued a refund of 75% of their entry fee.