Health & Safety
"We will all have a safe tennis environment"
We believe that:
- No MTC objective will take priority over health and safety
- We all have responsibility for health and safety
- All members have the responsibility to stop any practice or process they believe is unsafe or cannot be continued in a safe manner
- MTC does not employ staff to undertake daily oversight of the courts, equipment and supervision of players. The Committee relies on members and users of the facilities to identify any issues which may need to be addressed.
- Suitable clothing and footwear to be worn on courts
- Please check courts & equipment before use; If a problem is identified, members are asked to refrain from use until rectified.
- No public telephone on the premises. Users should ensure they are able to contact the emergency services in case of need.
- All players have a duty to inform their fellow players of any known medical condition that may require immediate assistance.
- Children using the club’s facilities do so subject to appropriate parental permission. Parents have a duty to inform those supervising children during organized activities of any relevant health information in relation to their child. Parents also have a responsibility to ensure that their child behaves in an appropriate way and does not do anything which may endanger themselves or other users. Parents & carers who leave juniors unsupervised at MTC, do so at their own risk.
- Equipment and Machinery: MTC has machinery and equipment which is used for maintenance of the grounds and courts. Under no circumstances are children/young people under the age of 16 permitted to operate the machinery and equipment. Anyone undertaking maintenance work should ensure they wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
All members are responsible for:
- taking all practicable steps to ensure that hazards identified are eliminated, isolated or controlled
- completing a Hazard Assessment & Control form if a hazard is identified and providing this to the Club Administrator
All members have a duty to report accidents and incidents to the Club Administrator using the Incident & Accident Report Form here
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
SEE OUR CHILD PROTECTION POLICY HERE
- MTC is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children in its care.
- We recognise the responsibility to promote safe practice and to protect children from harm and exploitation while participating in our activities.
- Staff and volunteers will work together to embrace difference and diversity and respect the rights of children.
For the purposes of this policy and associated procedures, a child is recognised as someone under the age of 18 years.