Auckland is at Alert Level 4 until 11:59pm Tue 21st Sep so the Club remains CLOSED until then.
After this we move down to Level 3 and it is possible for us to use the courts under some STRICT guidelines
Play Safe guidelines for players:
1. You can only play tennis with people in your bubble
2. You must have a court booking which members can make via the club website, please include all player names in your booking (if you have difficulty making a booking please let us know so we can ensure you are registered). Bookings have been divided into blocks to ensure different courts arrive and leave at different times.
3. Please wear a mask when walking to and from the court (not required during play)
4. When entering the club you must scan the QR code at the main gate with the NZ COVID tracer app.
5. Clubrooms and toilets remain locked at all times and cannot be used.
6. Lights will not be available (because we cant go into the Clubrooms)
7. You can only play or be at the courts when you have a booking and there should be players only - no spectators
8. Each member is responsible for maintaining physical distancing of 2m from others outside their bubble
9. You are responsible for sanitising your hands before entering the courts and after play and leaving the courts
10. You need to provide all of your own equipment including balls.
11. There should be no sharing of equipment outside of your bubble
• If you become sick with Covid-19 symptoms within 10 days of playing at the club, please inform one of the Committee Members or email email@example.com
You must stay at home if you:
• Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
• Have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
• Have flu-like symptoms
• Or are in a high risk health category.
At Level 3 though:
- No Coaching can occur (we need Level 2 for this)
- All Club Days - Wed morning, Jnr and Snr Wed nights and Sundays are cancelled
- All Interclub is currently postponed (with this likely to be possible to start/make up once at Level 2)
We hope you enjoy playing some tennis within your bubble and look forward to getting back to normal asap!
Stay safe everyone
Birkenhead Tennis Club