SENIOR MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION
SENIOR CLUB DAYS
- Sunday (except tournaments) 1.30pm-4.30pm
- Tuesday evenings 6.30pm-10.00pm
- Veterans Wednesday afternoons 1.00pm-4.30pm
- Friday evening Social from 6.30pm
- Mid-week ladies Thursdays 9.00am-12noon
Seniors may also participate in Restricted groups such as Vets, Midweek Ladies and Friday Social tennis as
- Come along at your leisure.
- Write your name on the board to show you wish to play.
- Rostered duty person runs the board, makes the tea and tidies up.
- Games are doubles rounds of 20mins.
- No private games during organised tennis.
- Ensure all balls are returned to cans.
CLUB DAY – HOW IT WORKS
Members who regularly participate on club days are rostered on board duty approximately once every 3 months.
The roster can be found on the noticeboard and in our weekly newsletters.
If you are unable to attend when rostered, organise to swap with someone else on the list or contact the club captain,
Kris Baxter. The duty person is responsible for making up 4 players on each court for each round. Players organise their combinations before starting play. Games last for 20 mins with a timer provided.
If the duty person has used all available players and there is a vacant place on a court, he/she can fill that place, leaving the court early, so as to have time to set up the next round before the timer goes off. This enables the players to return to their new court without delay. If in doubt, don’t hesitate to ask for help.
We appreciate that you observe court etiquette.
- Appropriate shoes to be worn on courts, at all times - no hard soles, heels etc.
- As we are a Smoke/Vape Free Club – this also includes on the courts.
- No glass to be taken onto the courts.
- Please do not go behind any court for any reason when play is in progress.
If there is a ball behind your court belonging to another, please return it at the end of the point. Unless it is dangerous to proceed with play until the end of the point at which point in time the rally should be suspended and a let is played.
- Acceptance of lines calls by receiver
- Abuse of any kind will not be tolerated, ie:
- Racquet abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Aggressive behaviour
In the unlikely event that you witness or experience unacceptable behaviour, please raise the incident with a member of our Club Committee immediately. Any such feedback will be treated with discretion and investigated promptly.
Interclub teams play on every second Saturday starting from 12.00pm till finish during the summer.
Winter Interclub is every second Sunday starting from 10.00am till finish.
Anyone interested in playing interclub, please contact:
Wendy Stratton - email: email@example.com or on 0274 581 323
We have club shirts for men and women that you can wear as a team to represent the club.
All enquires for club shirts please contact: Paul Tibbutt on 021 747 160
Tournaments are organised throughout the year and information is posted on the notice board along with a name list for those that are interested in playing, singles, doubles and combines.
The club website and newsletter will also keep you up-to-date.
Contact: Lloyd Price on 021 747 160
Located on the ground floor of the pavilion, our ball machine is available to senior members for an annual fee of $75 ($40 for winter only).
Contact the office to get access to the ball machine.
- Ball frequency dial
- Ball velocity dial
- Elevation touch-control for trajectory
- Spin dial (amount of spin and which direction)
- Oscillation (constant, alternating or random)
Contact: Kris Baxter 021 062 0741
BAR & SOCIAL EVENTS
We have a lounge area, kitchen and bar on the first level of the pavilion.
The bar is open during interclub, tournaments and Sunday social tennis, serving beer, wine, some RTDs, soft drinks, chips, instant noodles and pies.
Eric Wilson (Bar) Ph: 537 5167
We have an active social committee, organising functions throughout the year, these are well advertised around the club and in our newsletter.
Jane Wilsher (Social events) Ph: 027 573 9531
Outside organised tennis, courts are available for casual use by members. Juniors take priority on weekdays before 6pm and seniors after 6pm.
- Court booking can be done online: https://clubspark.kiwi/PakurangaTennisClub
- Please ensure that only the lights for your court are on and it is your responsibility to turn off the lights for your court immediately after the end of play. Play under lights must finish at 10pm.
Access keys are available to all members over 14 years of age. A refundable deposit of $20.00 is required. The key gives you access to the grounds and Clubhouse
Members are asked to wash and put away dishes, and if last to leave, lock windows, doors and gates and turn off lights.
The club is a members-only club but as a member, you are entitled to invite guests along to social tennis or private games. Guests are to pay their $10 visitor fee to the office. Place cash in envelope (in box on window) and place under the office door. Guest players must always be accompanied by a member.
Each guest may come three times, after which players are expected to join the club.
The club relies heavily on grants and other funding from sponsors, without whom the club would not be able to function.
Some of our most important sponsors are:
- Platinum Chiropractic Tel: 272 2353, http://platinumchiropractic.co.nz/
- The Training Loft - https://fikaa.nz/thetrainingloft/
- The Longue - https://www.thelounge.nz/
- Barfoot and Thompson Pakuranga – Tommy Joseph firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 027 475 9449
- ICE Security MT Wellington –
- Speedy Signs East Tamaki – Liz – email@example.com Tel: 09 273 5050
- Pigeon Mountain Motors, Pigeon Mt Rd. Tel 534 8884
- Super Liquor Howick, Behind Prospect of Howick.
- Gouemon Japanese Restaurant, Half Moon Bay Tel: 09 534 2959
- Abercrombie Engraving www.abercrombieengraving.co.nz