Welcome to Takapuna Tennis Club
Play tennis in the heart of Takapuna
We cater for all ages and abilities with social and competitive tennis, a well-run junior programme, and quality coaching.
Our facilities are in top condition with six all-weather floodlit courts.
COME AND SEE WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER AT OUR LOVE TENNIS WEEKEND ON OCTOBER 11-12 FROM 1-4PM. TENNIS GAMES, GIVEAWAYS AND A SAUSAGE SIZZLE - IT'S FREE, ALL WELCOME, ADULTS & KIDS.
DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS WE HAVE HAD TO CANCEL THE EXTRA KIDS "TRY OUT TENNIS FOR FREE" SESSION ON SATURDAY 19 SEPTEMBER.
SATURDAY MORNING COACHING FOR KIDS STARTS ON 17 OCTOBER. YOU ARE WELCOME TO COME FOR A FREE TRIAL COACHING SESSION ON SATURDAY OCTOBER 17 OR 24 . RACKETS AVAILABLE TO BORROW. FIND OUT MORE HERE
COVID 19 UPDATE 22 September 2020 Alert level 2.0 is coming
With Alert Level 2.0 in Auckland applying by 11.29 pm 23 September, we will be increasing access to the tennis courts and clubhouse. The full conditions of use while we provide access under Alert level 2.0 are:
Access is for Members and Non-members while we are under Alert level 2.0
- You may play/hit up with anyone outside your bubble.
- maintain social distancing of 1m.
- Hand sanitiser is positioned on the clubhouse gate. Anyone entering the courts must sanitise hands before and after. PLEASE ENSURE YOU SANITISE
- The club rooms should only be accessed to use bathrooms or top up your water bottle.
- Members/non-members must book a court via our online booking system to obtain access to the courts. If you don’t book a court you can’t play. Go to www.takapunatennis.co.nz
- Courts are available for booking between the hours of 7am to 10pm.
- Members and non-members are strongly encourage to complete ‘contact tracing’ using the Ministry of Health Contract Tracing app.
- Signage is installed by the Court gate outlining the Tennis NZ ‘Play Safe Guidelines’. Please read before entering the courts and follow the guidelines at all times.
- The Club reserves the right to amend conditions of entry or close the courts should we find anyone breaching the rules and protocols put in place. Safety of our club community is paramount.
Best wishes and hope we all can get back to social and competitive Tennis soon!
Non-members may use our courts on a Pay-to-Play basis. Just Book a Court online and you will receive a pin code to access the courts. Cost is from $15 per hour.
2020/21 tennis season memberships now open.
Our friendly club sessions run all through the year. Visitors welcome to come and have a hit.
CLUB TENNIS SESSIONS ARE ON RECOMMENCE FOR SENIOR PLAYERS ON THURSDAY NIGHT (24 SEPTEMBER - 7PM).
TENNIS SESSION TIMES
See Play Tennis page for further details about organised tennis.
Non-members are welcome to join in at $10/person.
WEDNESDAY night 6.30-8.30pm
Club night for high intermediate to advanced players.
THURSDAY night 7-8.30pm
Club night for beginner to advanced players. This session is run by Caco, our club coach. Chance for a chat and refreshments after play.
If you have not played tennis before, we recommend you attend one of Caco's 8 week beginner's coaching course to learn the basics of the game of tennis.
SUNDAY afternoon roll-up 4.00pm-5.30pm
An hour or so of social tennis on roll-up basis. This session is not always supervised so players make up teams and rotate as required. Everyone welcome!
Thursday MORNING 9.30-11.30am
Midweek ladies tennis- for enquiries contact Secretary - Glenys Chapman - 09 4800809
Find out more here.
Book in 3 quick steps...
1. Check availability
View the online booking sheet to find your preferred time and court.
2. Choose a session
Select your preferred available time and book. You can pay online with most major credit cards. Register online the first time you book.
We'll send you confirmation of your booking. You'll receive a pin number to access the venue. It's easy!
How to find us
5 Bracken Avenue Auckland 0622