Welcome to Takapuna Tennis Club
Play tennis in the heart of Takapuna
We cater for all ages and abilities with social and competitive tennis, a well-run junior programme, and quality coaching.
Our facilities are in top condition with six all-weather floodlit courts.
Non-members are welcome to book and pay online and use our courts. Bookings can be made up to 8 days in advance and you will be emailed a code to open the courts.
COVID 19 UPDATE Alert level 3.0 (From 6am, Sunday 28 February 2021):
With Auckland moving back to Alert Level 3 , the following restrictions will apply:
- Access is for Members only while we are under Alert level 3
- You must only play within your own bubble. You may not play/hit up with anyone outside your bubble.
- The club rooms are out of bounds. No access at any time is permitted.
- Members must book a court via our online booking system to obtain access to the courts. If you don’t book a court you can’t play. Go to www.takapunatennis.co.nz
- Hand sanitiser is positioned on the clubhouse gate. Anyone entering the courts must sanitise hands before and after. PLEASE ENSURE YOU SANITISE.
- Members eligible to play under these restrictions must scan in using the Covid Tracer App.
- The Club reserves the right to amend conditions of entry or close the courts should we find anyone breaching the rules and protocols put in place. Safety of our club community is paramount.
Remember to Scan Before Play!
Saturday morning junior coaching restarted on 6 February 2021 and runs for approximately eight weeks. Details here. If your child is interested in playing tennis, email the junior co-ordinator Rosemary on email@example.com.
Non-members may use our courts on a Pay-to-Play basis. Book a Court online and you will receive a pin code to access the courts. Cost is from $15 per hour. Bookings can be made up to 8 days in advance.
Book a court Special deals
$10 Lunchtimes - play Monday to Friday between 12pm-2pm for just $10 per hour. Ideal for local workers looking for a quick hit in the middle of the day.
$10 Sundays - play every Sunday for just $10 per hour (7am to 7pm)
New members are always welcome and can book and use courts for free as part of your membership. Read about membership or Register Online.
SPECIAL PRO-RATA MEMBERSHIP RATES FROM 1 JANUARY 2021. See membership tab.
Our friendly adult club sessions run all through the year. Visitors are welcome to come and have a hit.
TENNIS SESSION TIMES FOR ADULTS
Non-members are welcome to join in at $10/person. See Play Tennis page for further details about organised tennis.
WEDNESDAY night 6.30-8.30pm
Club night for high intermediate to advanced players.
THURSDAY night 7-8.30pm
Club night for beginner to advanced players. This session is run by Caco, our club coach. Chance for a chat and refreshments after play. If you have not played tennis before, we recommend you attend one of Caco's 8-week beginner's coaching courses to learn the basics.
SUNDAY afternoon roll-up 4.00pm-5.30pm
An hour or so of social tennis on roll-up basis. This session is not always supervised so players make up teams and rotate as required. Everyone welcome!
Thursday morning 9.30-11.30am
Midweek ladies tennis - for enquiries contact the Secretary, Glenys Chapman,
Book in 3 quick steps...
1. Check availability
View the online booking sheet to find your preferred time and court.
2. Choose a session
Select your preferred available time and book. You can pay online with most major credit cards. Register online the first time you book.
We'll send you confirmation of your booking. You'll receive a pin number to access the venue. It's easy!
How to find us
5 Bracken Avenue Auckland 0622