From Tennis NZ
Ahead of gathering restrictions relaxing (Friday 29th May), here is a look at what that will mean for tennis. All Level 2 resources on www.tennis.kiwi will be updated made available Friday 29th May.
From midday Friday 29th May, NZ Government restrictions on gatherings are relaxing, meaning that up to 100 people can gather in homes, for events outside of homes, and at venues like tennis clubs and facilities.
For tennis, this means it will be easier to resume larger group programming at clubs and centres around NZ. Whilst group numbers can increase, the same rules still apply for how clubs, coaches and centres need to operate:
- Play it safe (don't look for loopholes)
- Maintain hygiene standards - especially for clubrooms, toilets, and shared areas. If you can't keep these areas clean, or maintain physical distancing in clubrooms, then keep these areas closed.
- Contact trace everyone at all times
- Keep your distance (2m from people you don't know, 1m if contact tracing is in place)
- The gathering limit of 100 includes players, spectators, coaches, support staff, officials, volunteers.
For a few tennis scenarios that might be a bit different from 29th May, please go to the Tennis NZ website. www.tennis.kiwi
Brief message from ITF
Further suspension of the ITF Events up to 31 July 2020. The International Tennis Federation (ITF) has extended the suspension of all ITF Tournaments through to 31 July 2020, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Go to the ITF Website for further information.