- To provide opportunities for all members of the Golden Bay Community to enjoy a range of tennis coaching, competition and social activities, with a particular focus on encouraging juniors to take part.
- To be governed by an elected committee including a President, Secretary, Treasurer, Club Captain, Property Manager and core committee.
- To establish a club that is family, age, youth and gender inclusive, and foster a positive, welcoming social atmosphere for all age groups.
- To provide programmes and pathways to suit the needs of all members, including individual, team, social and competitive play.
- To provide professional coaching inclusive to all with an emphasis on juniors, as they are the future of the club.
- To encourage and train a pool of community coaches, particularly teenagers, for the benefit of the club and to provide positive role models for junior members and leadership opportunities for youth members.
- To care, maintain and develop a public amenity as directed by and in consultation with the Tasman District Council.
- To be an affiliate of Nelson Bays Tennis, participate in regional tennis initiatives and support the efforts of NBTA and Tennis New Zealand to promote the sport.
- To be a non-profit, voluntary organization run on fees, grants and donations to provide the above activities.