St Heliers Tennis Club COVID 19 Level 2 play - for MEMBERS
PLAY during Covid 19 Level 2
- SHTC to re-open under strict guidelines (please see below) on Saturday 2 May 2020
Information and Guidelines
To be able to play tennis at the club, this needs to be viewed as a privilege and we need to ensure the below measures are undertaken. We hope we don’t need to reiterate that if we need to close the courts for reasons of non compliance, then we will do so.
Before you play….
You must stay at home if you:
* Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
* Have been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
* Have flu-like symptoms
* Or are in a high risk health category
Before coming to the club:
1. Provided none of the above apply to you, you MUST book a court using the Clubs court book system https://clubspark.kiwi/StHeliersTC/Booking
2. Then, and this is really important, you must complete the attached contact tracing form for EVERYONE in your bubble that is playing. Click on this link to do this:ST HELIERS TENNIS CLUB - CONTRACT TRACING
3. If for some reason you have booked a court and need to cancel the booking, please cancel on the clubs court book system AND send an email to email@example.com to advise.
When you arrive at the club…
1. Please try and bring hand sanitiser with you. There will also be some just inside the gate, but in case this has run out, it would be wise to bring your own. After entering/leaving the gate (ideally using a glove or sleeve to open) please use the wipes and sanitiser spray (that will be just inside the gate) to clean down anything that has been touched.
2. Arrive and leave as close as possible to when you need to play. Do not congregate or stay at the courts after you have finished playing
3. Only one parent/guardian should accompany younger children where possible
4. Take your own equipment. Do not share equipment with people outside of your bubble. Please do all that you can to keep your tennis balls within your court.
5. Only players should attend – no spectators.
6. The clubhouse will be closed to everyone except for toilet emergencies. Please make sure minimal surfaces are touched while inside.
* If you become sick with COVID-19 symptoms within 10 days of playing at the club, it is vital that you inform the main contact at the club. (find above)
In addition some common sense points.
Tennis holds a unique advantage as a sport which requires no direct contact between players.
* Be sure to keep 2 metres away from other people while taking part in any tennis
To protect against infection you should…
* Wash/sterilise your hands before and after you play and avoid touching your face while playing
* Do not share water bottles and bring your own full bottle
* Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or hand-sanitiser when available. It is recommended to carry your own hand sanitiser with you
* Cover your coughs and sneezes and dispose of any used tissues immediately
* Avoid touching your face
* Do not attend if you are feeling unwell
* Avoid touching any shared surfaces (gate, net posts, chairs etc). If you do touch anything that is not your own equipment, you must clean these thoroughly before you leave
* Food and drink (other than personal water bottles) are not permitted at tennis venues under Alert Level 2
If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
TNZ play safe for playersplay safe tennis (tennis nz)
SHTC COVID19 Safety Plansafe club
How to find us
3 Goldie Street St Heliers Auckland 1071