How to find us
Greendale Tennis Club
Founded in 1949 Greendale Tennis Club was once only two asphalt courts that were used for tennis in the summer and netball in the winter. Two Grass courts were lobbied for in the early 1960s and these were positioned where courts 7,8,9 are at present. Three more grass courts were laid during the 70s and were positioned running the opposite way to what they are currently.
In the mid 80s the tennis club and cricket club joint forces and the Taradale Sports Association building was built with the addition of the Napier Harriers.
In 1987/88 the tennis club successfully managed to build six new astroturf courts facing the way they do now, and in 1992 3 more courts were added to give Greendale Tennis Club the nine Astroturf courts we currently have.
2003 was the year Greendale had lighting around all nine courts, which makes for Greendale the only club in Hawkes Bay to have all their courts fully lit - meaning more playing opportunities for our members.
For any queries about the club, please contact our club President on firstname.lastname@example.org
For any membership queries, please contact email@example.com