History of Māpua Tennis Club
Tennis, has been a part of Māpua for a while now. The first court was built on the north side of Toru Street, by some keen folk over a few Saturdays in September 1926. The Club and courts moved to their present location in Aranui Road in 1945. Two more courts (making 4 in total) were added in the 1980s. In 2011 two courts were upgraded to green and blue ‘Tiger Turf’, colours which we think reflect our beautiful coastal environment. In 2019 the club became an incorporated society.
The courts have seen lots of action, rivalries, kids of all ages, working bees, friendships, blood, sweat and tears. Thousands have played, hundreds have been coached. They have produced a few champs, and lots who've just enjoyed playing tennis.
Māpua Tennis Club is run by a passionate committee focussed on promoting tennis in Māpua and the surrounding areas.