Welcome to Ngataringa Tennis Club
Welcome to Ngataringa
Tennis is an allowed activity during COVID Alert Level 2. However, we can only open op the courts if we can do so safely by complying with the guidelines. Therefore Ngataringa Tennis Club has implemented a COVID-19 Level 2 court Safety Plan to:
• Allow members to play tennis in COVID-19 level 2
• To reduce the chances of COVID-19 recurring in the community
• To ensure that the club can continue to operate without the possibility of another lockdown period being required
To use the Club in Level Two, the Committee expects on every visit you will:-
• Follow the Safe Play Guidelines listed below
• Book a court prior to your visit. Note: if you are a non-member parent booking for a junior, you need to switch users (top right of screen) to your junior's name before you book
• Complete the on-line contact tracing form on your phone before or when you get to the courts to check in
• A court manager will be available to help. If no-one is available or you have any questions, call Allister at 0220882510
• Avoid touching high contact areas e.g. gate on arrival and nets. Sanitise where necessary.
• Never touch other people’s equipment including balls
• Kick balls back to other courts when necessary
Safe play guidelines
Before you play
You must stay at home if you:
• Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
• Have been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last
• Have flu-like symptoms
• Or are in a high risk health category.
Attending tennis activities
• Book your court in advance
• Complete the online contact tracing form
• At Alert Level 2, play is permitted outside your bubble. Only players should attend – no spectators
• Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult
• Limit of 4 players per court
• Arrive and leave as close as possible to when you need to be. Do not congregate or stay at the courts after you have finished playing
• Only one parent/guardian should accompany younger children where possible
• Take your own equipment. Do not share equipment with people.
• The clubhouse will be closed without exception.
Tennis holds a unique advantage as a sport which requires no direct contact
• Be sure to keep 2 metres away from other people while taking part in
To protect against infection, you should:
• Wash/sterilise your hands before and after you play and avoid touching your face while playing
• Not share water bottles and bring your own full bottle
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or hand-sanitiser
when available. It is recommended to carry your own hand sanitizer with you
• Cover your coughs and sneezes and dispose of any used tissues immediately
• Avoid touching your face
• Do not attend if you are feeling unwell
• Avoid touching any shared surfaces (gate, net posts, chairs etc). If you do touch anything that is not your own equipment, you must clean these thoroughly before you leave
• Food and drink (other than personal water bottles) are not permitted at tennis venues under Alert Level 2
• If you become sick with COVID-19 symptoms within 10 days of playing
at the club, it is vital that you inform the main contacts at the club either
The President, Allister Irving 022 088 2510
Ngataringa Tennis Club is the home of tennis in the village of Devonport, on Auckland’s North Shore. An historic club, established in 1927, Ngataringa nestles in a picturesque corner of Stanley Bay Park with a playground alongside and a beach across the road. The club has five outdoor courts with synthetic grass, lighting for night play, and offers a range of social and competitive play for junior and senior members.
Coaching is a major drawcard to this boutique-style club. The TENNIS PLUS programme, set up by internationally-successful coach and player Gilles de Gouy, is based here with the coaching programme actively led by Ngataringa's Head Coach Lucien Lemay. Lucien and his team of qualified coaches run programmes for all ages and abilities, from pre-schoolers to veterans. Coaching is included in the subscription fee for Junior players, see ‘Membership’ for details.
Regular social play sessions include Monday nights hard-hitting tennis for confident players, starting at 7.30pm, Wednesday mornings social play for men and women from 9am, and Wednesday evenings mixed doubles tennis at 7.30pm. Ngataringa fields 15 senior interclub teams, including an elite Chelsea Cup team, and about 10 junior teams.
Visitors and new members at all playing levels are welcome.
Want to know what's going on at the club? Visit our:
Book in 3 quick steps...
1. Check availability
View the online booking sheet to find your preferred time and court.
2. Choose a session
Select your preferred available time and book. You can pay online with most major credit cards. Register online the first time you book.
We'll send you confirmation of your booking. You'll receive a pin number to access the venue. It's easy!
How to find us
166 Calliope Road Auckland 0624