How to find us
Ngataringa Tennis Club
166 Calliope Road
*** Please note that under Level 3 only limited play within your bubble is permitted ***
To use the Club in Level 3, stage 1 please follow the guidelines below:
1. Courts for social play should be booked online at https://clubspark.kiwi/NgataringaTennisClub.
2. Sign in to the courts using the government app with the QR code posted at the court gates
3. Use hand sanitizer provided on the courts
4. Personal and club sanitation requirements will be available and displayed
5. Social play can be between 2 bubbles on one court
6. Group and Private coaching is available, can be from multiple bubbles per Tennis NZ guidelines
7. All courts are available for play, and the lights will come on until 10pm
8. only the gate at court 1 should be used for entry and exit
9. The Club House is closed in Level 3
A special note on the new season and booking
• Our new season starts Sept 1st
• New memberships can be purchased at https://clubspark.kiwi/NgataringaTennisClub/Membership/Join
• Family, Junior, Student, Senior and Veteran memberships will be discounted until Oct 31
• Online court bookings will not work until a new membership is purchased
• If you become sick with COVID-19 symptoms within 10 days of playing
at the club, it is vital that you inform the main contacts at the club either
The President, Allister Irving 022 088 2510
Ngataringa Tennis Club is the home of tennis in the village of Devonport, on Auckland’s North Shore. An historic club, established in 1927, Ngataringa nestles in a picturesque corner of Stanley Bay Park with a playground alongside and a beach across the road. The club has five outdoor courts with synthetic grass, lighting for night play, and offers a range of social and competitive play for junior and senior members.
Coaching is a major drawcard to this boutique-style club. The TENNIS PLUS programme, set up by internationally-successful coach and player Gilles de Gouy, is based here with the coaching programme actively led by Ngataringa's Head Coach Lucien Lemay. Lucien and his team of qualified coaches run programmes for all ages and abilities, from pre-schoolers to veterans. Coaching is included in the subscription fee for Junior players, see ‘Membership’ for details.
Regular social play sessions include Monday nights hard-hitting tennis for confident players, starting at 7.30pm, Wednesday mornings social play for men and women from 9am, and Wednesday evenings mixed doubles tennis at 7.30pm. Ngataringa fields 15 senior interclub teams, including an elite Chelsea Cup team, and about 10 junior teams.
Visitors and new members at all playing levels are welcome.
Want to know what's going on at the club? Visit our:
View the online booking sheet to find your preferred time and court.
Select your preferred available time and book. You can pay online with most major credit cards. Register online the first time you book.
We'll send you confirmation of your booking. You'll receive a pin number to access the venue. It's easy!