Welcome to Ngataringa Tennis Club
Welcome to Ngataringa
To use the Club in Level Two please follow the guidelines below:
1. Courts for social play should be booked online at https://clubspark.kiwi/NgataringaTennisClub. See the special note below about court bookings in the new season
2. Sign in to the courts using the government app with the QR code posted at the court gates
3. Use hand sanitizer provided on the courts
4. Coaching will resume on Monday 31st August. There is a limit of 10 people per court
5. Organised club play will not formally resume at this stage, however members may organise their own groups within the regulations of 10 per group
6. Lights will be turned on in the evenings
7. The clubhouse doors will be closed. However the committee and coaches will be able to give members access to use the bathrooms or clubhouse when needed. There will be cleaning supplies left in the clubhouse, and increased cleaning frequency.
8. Personal and club sanitation requirements will be available and displayed
9. The general advice for Level 2 applies: stay home if you are unwell, maintain physical distance where possible, ensure contact tracing, wash or sterilise hands
A special note on the new season and booking
• Our new season starts Sept 1st
• New memberships can be purchased at https://clubspark.kiwi/NgataringaTennisClub/Membership/Join
• Junior, Student, Senior and Veteran memberships will be discounted for the month of September
• Online court bookings from Sept. 1 will not work until a new membership is purchased (we will work with clubspark to allow a grace period for bookings to work for the first few weeks of Sept)
• This season we will offer a 20% reduction in fees for any member or parent who has been financially impacted by the covid shutdown, and in recognition of curtailed playing opportunities. Reductions will be applied on request to firstname.lastname@example.org Requests will be confidential and only a total amount of discounts applied will be communicated to the committee.
• If you become sick with COVID-19 symptoms within 10 days of playing
at the club, it is vital that you inform the main contacts at the club either
The President, Allister Irving 022 088 2510
Ngataringa Tennis Club is the home of tennis in the village of Devonport, on Auckland’s North Shore. An historic club, established in 1927, Ngataringa nestles in a picturesque corner of Stanley Bay Park with a playground alongside and a beach across the road. The club has five outdoor courts with synthetic grass, lighting for night play, and offers a range of social and competitive play for junior and senior members.
Coaching is a major drawcard to this boutique-style club. The TENNIS PLUS programme, set up by internationally-successful coach and player Gilles de Gouy, is based here with the coaching programme actively led by Ngataringa's Head Coach Lucien Lemay. Lucien and his team of qualified coaches run programmes for all ages and abilities, from pre-schoolers to veterans. Coaching is included in the subscription fee for Junior players, see ‘Membership’ for details.
Regular social play sessions include Monday nights hard-hitting tennis for confident players, starting at 7.30pm, Wednesday mornings social play for men and women from 9am, and Wednesday evenings mixed doubles tennis at 7.30pm. Ngataringa fields 15 senior interclub teams, including an elite Chelsea Cup team, and about 10 junior teams.
Visitors and new members at all playing levels are welcome.
Want to know what's going on at the club? Visit our:
Book in 3 quick steps...
1. Check availability
View the online booking sheet to find your preferred time and court.
2. Choose a session
Select your preferred available time and book. You can pay online with most major credit cards. Register online the first time you book.
We'll send you confirmation of your booking. You'll receive a pin number to access the venue. It's easy!
How to find us
166 Calliope Road Auckland 0624