All of the information listed below is current as of 03 December 2021.
From Friday 3rd December we are moving into the new Traffic Light System, which will initially see us in the 'Orange Light' state. This new system imposes restrictions depending on an individual’s vaccination status. This means for the club to continue to offer services such as bar, catering and the ability to organize unrestricted club activities safely, the club has introduced a COVID-19 Policy effective 3 December. See attached.
The Mount Maunganui Tennis Club Committee has reviewed advice received from Sport and Recreation New Zealand, and Government documentation.
All members (regardless of vaccination status) may continue to access Courts for general play when club activities are not being held. When booking a court, please ensure no club activities are already booked on any court for the entire duration. Please books courts 4 and 9 first. Thank you.
However, while under Orange, all persons over the age of 12 years and 3 months must be fully vaccinated (present their vaccine passport when requested) or have an official government medical exemption, to enter the club facilities while any club activities are being run.
For clarification, you must be vaccinated (or have a valid exemption) to attend:
- Saturday Club Day
- Wednesday Club Night
- Mid-week Ladies
- Senior Men’s
- Business House
- Open Tournaments
- Group Coaching Lessons
The committee acknowledges the traffic light system is new to everyone. As we learn more, we will review and amend our Policy as needed. Our Primary consideration is the health and safety of our members and their families in the context of the significant risk that COVID-19 presents. Thank you for your understanding.
Before you play
You must stay at home if you:
- Are sick or feeling unwell
Attending tennis activities
- ALL players to the club will need to sign in using the QR code on the gate or the manual sign in register
- ALL players need to use the hand sanitiser on the rail of the deck upon entering and leaving the facilities
- Courts are open as normal for casual bookings
- It is recommended to wear a mask before and after play but of course not possible when eating and drinking.
To protect against infection, you should:
- Wash/sterilise your hands before and after you play and avoid touching your face while playing
- Not share water bottles and bring your own full bottle
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or hand-sanitiser when available. It is recommended to carry your own hand sanitizer with you
- Cover your coughs and sneezes and dispose of any used tissues immediately
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay at home if you are feeling sick or unwell
- Avoid touching any shared surfaces where possible (gate, net posts, chairs etc).
If you become sick with Covid-19 symptoms within 10 days of playing at the club, it is vital that you inform the main contact at the club.
There is a dedicated Healthline COVID-19 number for those needing further advice and information – 0800 358 5453.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Mount Maunganui Tennis Club
Ph: 027 524 9438