Update: 12 August 2020
With the announcement from the Government that NZ is now in alert level 2, the club:
All of the information listed below is current as of 12 August 2020.
Before you play
You must stay at home if you:
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Have been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Have flu-like symptoms
- Or are in a high risk health category.
Attending tennis activities
- ALL players and visitors to the club will need to sign in using the QR code on the gate.
- Booking a court is essential for casual play
- Coaching continues – Max 100 players/spectators total
- Club days continue – Max 100 Players/spectators total
- Membership shoe tags must be worn
- Take your own equipment. Do not share equipment.
- Exercise caution with common touch points (eg doors and gates)
- The Clubhouse will be open for use of the toilet facilities and tea and coffee. Please no sharing of food.
- The Bar will be open – please no cash eftpos only
Tennis holds a unique advantage as a sport which requires no direct contact between players. Be sure to keep 1 metre away from other people while taking part in any tennis
To protect against infection, you should:
- Wash/sterilise your hands before and after you play and avoid touching your face while playing
- Not share water bottles and bring your own full bottle
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or hand-sanitiser when available. It is recommended to carry your own hand sanitizer with you
- Cover your coughs and sneezes and dispose of any used tissues immediately
- Avoid touching your face
- Do not attend if you are feeling unwell
- Avoid touching any shared surfaces (gate, net posts, chairs etc). If you do touch anything that is not your own equipment, you must clean these thoroughly before you leave
- If you become sick with Covid-19 symptoms within 10 days of playing at the club, it is vital that you inform the main contact at the club.
There is a dedicated Healthline COVID-19 number for those needing further advice and information – 0800 358 5453.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Mount Maunganui Tennis Club
Ph: 027 524 9438