Junior Development Programme
Click on the tabs above or links below for information on the development pathways available to juniors at Kilbirnie Tennis Club and the services the Club and our professional coaching partners provide to help junior club members along these pathways.
- Pathways: Junior development pathways available through Kilbirnie Tennis Club including social, competitive, elite, international, and educational (American University Scholarship) pathways.
- Hot Shots: Coaching designed for kids new to tennis to develop their skills faster.
FREE: 16 weeks of 3 x 1-hour lessons available for Club members on Sundays through Terms 4 and 1.
FREE: 16 weeks of 1-hour Community Play sessions available for Club members on Fridays through Terms 4 and 1.
Self-funded lessons available at other times year-round.
- Teen Tennis: Dedicated sessions for teens of all abilities to enjoy tennis together. Includes FREE BBQ.
FREE: 16 weeks of 2-hour sessions available for Club members on Fridays through Terms 4 and 1.
- Winter Training: Training for interclub players to help them maintain their skills over winter.
FREE: 16 weeks of ~1.3-hour sessions available for Club members on Fridays through Terms 2 and 3.
- Novice Training: Focused training for novice interclub players who are starting to play competitive interclub tennis.
FREE: 16 weeks of 1-hour lessons available for Club members on Fridays through Terms 4 and 1.
- Holiday Camps: Fun tennis games and other activities during school holidays.
- Interclub: Information for parents and players on how interclub works and how to sign up, and information for team managers.
- Championships: Round-robin club tournament to find club champions at different grades and different competitions.
- Tournaments: Keep up to date with our links to upcoming regional, national, and ITF Junior Circuit Tournaments.
- Individual or Group Coaching: Focused and personalised coaching for juniors of all abilities who wish to hone in and improve on specific aspects of their game.
Self-funded individual or group coaching is available year-round at Kilbirnie Tennis Club.
- Rise Up Squads: Group coaching for determined and developing players. Rise Up squads build tecnique, consistency, tactics, and strategy and are gateways to the Academies.
Self-funded squads are available year-round at Kilbirnie Tennis Club.
- Academies: Advanced coaching for juniors interested in NZ Nationals, NZ Tier 2 & 3 junior Masters tournaments, Asia/Pacific ITF circuit tournaments, and US college scholarships.
Self-funded academies, with 2, 4, or 6 2.5 hour squads per week, are available year-round indoors at The Renouf Regional Tennis Centre.