BUSINESS HOUSE 2022 – Entries are now open
Registrations for the 2022 Summer Business House Competition are now open and close Monday 31st January !
Play starts on the 3rd February for nine weeks, concluding on 31st March with a finals night.
Entry is $200.00 per team. You must register and pay to confirm your teams registration by Monday 31st January 2022 !
Register your team now online at: http://tennis.kamar.nz/
We are also looking for a new sponsor for the new year Business House round. If your business is interested, please let us know. Sponsorship includes team entry, banner on court fence and recognition to your fellow players.
• Two matches are played. Teams can keep or mix their pairs for each round.
• Social Round: Warm up starts at 5:15pm, Games must start no later 5:30pm.
• Competitive Round: Warm up starts at 7:00pm, Games must start no later 7:15pm.
• Handicap scoring system is to be used and winner is the first team to win 7 games.
• When time is up, the current game will be played out. If the game scores are even - then a first to 7 tie breaker will be played (eg. 7-6 is acceptable).
• Game scores are rounded up equally to bring one teams score to 8 (eg. if the game score is 5-3, then round both scores up by 3 games each to make 8-6).
• Scoring shall be 1 point for each game won by each team.
• Instant Death Deuce
• Change of ends is to be every four games.
• A team consists of any combination of four players.
• Competitive teams may have at most one premier grade player per team (A current or premier player in the last five years for any club). Social teams are not allowed a premier player.
• All Players (including reserves) must be aged 18 or over at the start of the competition.
• The Server must call the score before serving each point.
• If delayed by no show of opposing team by 5.45pm first rubbers may be declared ‘won’ by default by either the challenging team or Match Committee.
• If you are forced to default for whatever reason you must advise the opposing team asap.
• The draw will ensure courts 1-4 (Rebound Ace) and 5-9 (Astro-Turf) are shared equally throughout the teams.
• Each Captain is responsible for organising reserves if necessary and these should be noted on the entry form at the outset. An up to date list of reserves will be available on this site.
• Reserves can only be used if a listed player is unavailable to play that night. It is not acceptable to swap players to strengthen your team based on opposition.
• Each Captain is responsible for recording their team results. If no scores are noted no points will be awarded.
• Injury: In the event of a player being injured a replacement may step in to complete the matches. Any other request for replacement of players during a match where injury is not a factor is at the discretion of the opposing team.
• If due to weather the tennis has to be cancelled, team captains will be notified by email before 5.00pm. They need to let their teams know.
• If rained off the matches are played following week.
• Any other such rules as imposed by the Match Committee at their sole discretion.
THE FIRST 18 TEAMS ENTERED AND PAID UP WILL HAVE PRIORITY !
Should you have any queries or issues, please contact Kent.
We look forward to receiving your entry shortly.
Kent Lendrum / Lynne Hansen
mobile: 021 591 590