Senior Tennis offers options for every level, it is a fabulous way to keep fit and meet people.
- Club social options. Each club offers social and competitive options. Please click on the clubs links at the top right hand corner of our home page to find out more about what is on offer at your nearest club.
- Coaching options. Coaching is a fantastic way to get back into tennis and gain first hand information about what is available at your club. All clubs have privatge or group coaching programmes to suit every age and tennis ablility, click on the club or coach link to find a coahing option suitable to you.
- Cardio tennis - hottest exercise option about at the moment! No need to know how to play tennis, join in a group exercise session on court in the fresh air and enjoy a workout at one of our TNZ registered Cardio Clubs. - HopeClub - Tahuna Club - Mapua Club - Motueka Club -Richmond Club - Stoke Club - Nelson Lawns Club - Upper Moutere Club
- Tennis Xpress. Tennis Xpress is a worldwide ITF programme catering for beginner adults taking a ‘serve, rally, score’ approach to learning. The programme is a fun, innovative way of teaching tennis which removes many of the barriers associated with learning the sport. Using low-pressure balls, and focusing on playing the game, adults build confidence as they receive simple technical and tactical advice adapted for each player’s needs. These Tennis Xpress programmes are offered by the above Tennis Cardio Clubs
- NBS Senior Interclub. Nelson Building Society Senior Interclub runs from October through to April each year. All members of clubs that are affliated to NBTA are welcome to take part in this competition. There are leagues for all abilities, genders and ages Register your interested through your club captain by the end of September each year. Contact Muriel Ronen email@example.com for any further queries.
- The Nelson Vets Club offer a tournament each year at the end of February, doubles & mixed doubles, competitive and social.
- NBTA run 2 tournaments a year that cater for both senior and junior players, an End of Summer Open and a Spring Open. Singles, doubles and mixed doubles, competitive and social.
- Contact Muriel Ronen for any further tournament information. firstname.lastname@example.org 0274757803
- Senior fixtures
- Lucas Cup Challenge V Marlborough. in November against Marlborough. 4 men & 4 womenin each team. Held at the home of the holder of the cup.
- Winstanley Shield, V Marlborough & W Coast. Febraury each year. Team of 2 men & 2 women, held at the home of the holder.
- SI Open Tennis Champs, Quadrangular. Otago, Tasman Canterbury country and Canterbury Town September TBC, 5 men & 3 women, be held at Wilding Park, Christchurch